Policy and Procedures
- Health Intake:
- You will be asked to complete a health intake form every 12 months.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to keep the massage practitioner informed of any current medical conditions and/or any changes in health.
- If under the care of an OB, physician or physical therapist written permission must be provided to the massage practitioner before session. Verbal approval from OB or midwife must be provided before pregnancy massage session.
- Client confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
- Please give 24 hours notice when cancelling appointments. For cancelled or missed appointments you will be charge for the full amount of the massage therapy fee. In an emergency any notice you give is appreciated to avoid the cancellation fee.
- Cancellation fees are the responsibility of the patient and must be paid in full before the next visit.
- Client will be refused service after 3rd no show.
- Payment is due in full at time of appointment by cash, check, or credit card.
- Massage fees are subject to change without notice.
Health and Well Being:
- Both the Massage Practitioner and clients are required to follow proper hygiene etiquette. Due to health and safety regulations, the therapist reserves the right to refuse treatment due to improper hygiene.
- It's best not to arrive to your session with a full stomach as you may experience discomfort from the techniques and body positioning during the session.
- It is ask that you do not come to your session under the influence of alcohol or drugs as these things may mask your body's ability to receive the work safely.
- Sexual advances of ANY kind will not be tolerated and the massage session will be terminated immediately. Further, the patient will not be rescheduled or referred to another massage practitioner.
- If you have a cold, flu, sore throat, stomach virus, poison ivy, skin rash or anything contagious – please reschedule your appointment.
- All clients will be properly draped at all times. A full sheet is used to cover the body except the area being worked on.
- Some clients may experience muscle soreness the next day (if firmer pressure was used in the session). This should not last more than two days.
- The client is expected to take charge of their own health and do the maintenance and rehabilitative assignments asked of them between massages. If they are unwilling to participate in getting better than I cannot help them.